The Adult Bible Discussion for Daily Life will begin a new discussion on the Old Testament book of Job beginning the week of March 5. Job is one character of the Old Testament many people may refer to when going through hard times, but how many of us really know the story as written in the Bible? Does God really create human suffering? Is suffering a punishment for sin? Join us for a lively discussion each week to discover the details of Job’s story and how it relates to our own. Even if you can only make one discussion your understanding of how God engages with human suffering will be enhanced.
The tentative schedule, topics, and associated readings are as follows:
- Mar 5/7: Job’s First Test (1:1-22)
- Mar 12/14: Job Must Have Sinned (8:1-22)
- Mar 19/21: Job Is Self-Deceived (11:1-20)
- Mar 26/28: Job Ponders the Wicked (21:1-34)
- Apr 9/11: “I Am Innocent!” (31:1-40)
- Apr 23/25: Job Must Be Guilty (32:1-33)
- Apr 30/May 1: Job Is Restored (42:7-17)
Attend either Mondays from 7:30-9:00 or Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11:00, both in Room 112 on the first floor past the main office. No prior attendance is required to gain insight and value from the discussion. Just drop on in. Bibles are available if you don’t have one. See you in March and April!