7 Week Bible Discussion for Daily Living on Mark Begins Nov 6/8; Drop-Ins Welcome!
The Adult Bible Discussion for Daily Life will begin a new discussion on the Gospel of Mark beginning the week of November 6. The Gospel of Mark is the predominant Gospel read on Sundays in Year B of the three-year Revised Common Lectionary heard in worship on Sundays and the new year begins on the First Sunday of Advent, Nov 26.
Even if you can only make one discussion your understanding of how Mark’s Gospel is applicable to daily life will be enhanced. It will also provide you with a great overview of the Gospel readings you will hear over the next year. The tentative schedule and topics are:
- Nov 6/8: Jesus Heals (1:1-45)
- Nov 13/15: Facing Criticism (3:7-35)
- Nov 20/22: A Bleeding Woman (5:1-43)
- Nov 27/29: Feeding 5000 (6:30-44)
- Dec 4/6: Boy’s Evil Spirit (9:14-29)
- Dec 11/13: Jesus Clears the Temple (11:12-19)
- Dec 18/20: Jesus and Pilate (15:1-15)
Attend either Mondays from 7:30-9:00 or Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11:00. Monday night sessions are held in the Parlor on the 2nd Floor and Wednesday sessions are held in Room 112. No prior attendance is required to gain insight and value from the discussion. Just drop on in. Bibles are available if you don’t have one. See you in November.