- This event has passed.
Discussion of “DRAFT Social Statement on Women and Justice”
June 4 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30pm on Monday, repeating until June 4, 2018
An event every week that begins at 9:30am on Wednesday, repeating until June 6, 2018
Join Pastor Wayne and other intrigued Christians on either Monday nights from 7:30-9:00 OR Wednesday mornings from 9:30-11:00 as we read, study, discuss, and respond to the ELCA Draft Social Statement on “Women and Justice.” This is a part of the ELCA’s preparation for submitting the final statement to the 2019 ELCA Churchwide Assembly, as mandated in the 2009 assembly. This draft is an invitation to everyone in the ELCA to join in conversation and discernment about this concern as people of faith. The study and discussion will last five weeks and participants will be encouraged to complete the Response Form that is included at the end of the draft for submission prior to the September deadline. The dates and topics for the study and discussion are as follows.
- May 7/9: Core Convictions pp. 1-3, 11-20
- May 14/16: Analysis of Patriarchy and Sexism pp. 3-5, 21-27
- May 21/23: Resources for Resisting Patriarchy and Sexism pp. 5-6, 27-37
- May 28/30: Call to Action & New Commitments in Society pp. 6-8, 37-48
- Jun 4/6: Call to Action & New Commitments in the Church pp. 8-9, 49-56 Electronic copies can be obtained without cost by downloading