- This event has passed.
Unity Sunday / Brunch / Annual Meeting
January 28 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
On Sunday, January 28, Our Savior will hold one worship service at 9:30 so members from the regular three worship times can worship together as one congregation. Immediately following worship the congregation will move to the Parish Hall for a sumptuous brunch prior to the Annual Meeting that will follow. There will be separate activities for children on the 3rd floor while parents participate in the Annual Meeting scheduled to end by noon.
Why one service prior to the Annual Meeting?
- It creates the opportunity for the congregation to truly worship as a unified body of Christ rather than a segmented one.
- It provides members who regularly attend one service the opportunity to meet and enjoy fellowship with regular members of the other worship services.
- Members with children in Sunday afternoon activities can participate in the Annual Meeting.
The Council realizes this may be an inconvenience for some, especially those who will need to get children up and ready for worship and Sunday school 60 minutes earlier than usual. We also believe the benefit will greatly outweigh the cost. It is their sincere hope that many in the congregation will mark their calendars to attend this year’s Unity Fel-lowship Sunday Worship and Annual Meeting on January 28, with worship at 9:30 and brunch following immediately afterward.
At the Annual Meeting the main topics of discussion will include:
- The status of our faith formation ministry led by our new Director of Youth and Family Ministry, Jaime Frazier. The goals for new initiatives in 2018 as regular Sunday school participation has increased this fall compared to past years and how we hope to keep the trend going.
- Also, four Congregation Council members and one member of the Memorial Gifts Board will need to be elected by a quorum of the congregation to serve three and four year terms respectively. Thankfully, Cathe Bare (Worship and Music), and Luanne Fogelson (Treasurer) have agreed to serve another term on Council. Jack Berrigan (Fellowship Together) will be going off Council in order to serve on the Memorial Gift Board, so a third nominee is needed to complete the remaining two years of his term. We offer our most heartfelt thanks to Rich Windle (Vice President/Personnel) and Betsy Kuehn (Social Ministry) who are going off at the end of their second term. Additionally, John Laughlin will be going off Memorial Gift Board after two consecutive four-year terms and two additional years of an unexpired term for a total of 10 years!).
- Finally, the 2018 Financial Plan for Ministry will be voted on. The final Financial Plan will not be fully prepared until after the January Council meeting, and the Congregation Re-sources ministry team is confident the 2018 Ministry Fall Campaign commitments, along with estimated giving from non-pledging mem-bers, will meet the challenge for supporting our current and future ministry in 2018.