Due to the Coronavirus pandemic the annual National Day of Prayer Breakfast regularly scheduled for the first Thursday in May has been cancelled due to a statewide mandate for residents to remain in their homes. We do encourage our members to lift our nation in prayer on Thursday, May 7, and to remember all those who have been affected by the Coronavirus, including;
- Those afflicted with the virus and are hospitalized and in ICU
- Doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers who risk their own health in caring for the health and life of others
- Teachers and students as they teach and learn in a challenging way
- Business owners and employees whose income has been compromised and their ability to reopen or go back to work as before is in question
- Essential workers (such as grocery personnel and IT workers who maintain the ability for people to work from home from their office laptops, and others) as they too risk infection to meet the needs of others.