8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.1st Peter, Chapter 4, vs 8-10
If this was a normal September, we’d be returning to a busy schedule, filling our calendars and appointment books with school, work, social and church commitments. At Our Savior we’d also be looking at surveys to see how we can share our time and talents to help with the work of the Lord. Sadly, this isn’t a normal September.
Maybe we can’t think about time and talent in the usual way this year, but God’s work still must be done. Our church needs our support, and we need to feel connected to our church and our faith, perhaps even more this year than in what we used to think of as a normal year. The need is greater than ever for us to be stewards of God’s love.
Here are a few ways that you can share your time and talents this year. After each one is the name of the LCOS member to contact to offer your help.
- Volunteer to read the lessons during Facebook worship services (Sandy DeDonatis)
- Offer your musical talents for this online service (Pauline Worusski)
- Volunteer your media talents to assist with the online service—editing, slides, etc. (Nick Heinze – Communications Tech.)
- Provide flowers for the altar (Stacey Shaw)
Grow and Learn
- Zoom Bible study (Pastor Wayne) starts Monday, Sept.28, 7:30-9:00 PM or Wednesday, Sept. 30, 9:00-11:30 AM
- Be the Bridge book study group, Zoom: 7:00-8:00 p.m., Wednesdays starting September 16. Book available through the church. (Pauline)
- LCOS book club (Sam Wentz)
Think of Others
- Support the LCOS food pantry. Nonperishable food donations and checks being accepted. (Lynn Block)
- Call to check in on members of the congregation, friends or relatives
- Donate bags of Halloween candy (or checks to buy some) to be distributed to the Bridge of Peace food pantry families (Connie Wolf)
- Donate to Bridge of Peace’s goal of providing Walmart gift cards for parents to buy Christmas presents for their children (Connie)
- Provide food for Bridge of Peace youth-group dinner on November 3 (Connie)
- Provide financial support to or volunteer with Interfaith Caregivers (John Drozdal)
Keep LCOS Strong
- Help assemble church-wide mailings (Sandy)
- Contact ministry/committee chairs to talk about possible interest when “normalcy” returns (Names listed in each Messenger issue)
- Watch the monthly Messenger for new ways to support the church as they become available.
Most importantly, continue supporting the church through your offerings and financial gifts!