HOLIDAY FOOD DRIVE by Betsy Kuehn
Instead of having holiday food bags available this year due to the Cornavirus pandemic, a donation cart was inside the sliding doors of the church during the month of November to drop off donations of non-perishable foods. Donations benefited the Peace Center at Bridge of Peace Church in Camden and the LCOS Pantry families. Anyone still wishing to make a monetary donation, please make checks payable to LCOS, and indicate Holiday Food Drive in memo line and mail to the church. Donations for the Holiday Food Drive can also be made online thru Simply Giving at http://oursaviorhaddonfield.org/simply-giving/. 39 bags of groceries were delivered to Pantry families, and 24 bags of food to Bridge of Peace. As of 12/1, received $650 in monetary donations. Thank you to all who made donations.
God Bless LCOS Angels-Advent Giving Online Registry Update by Betsy Kuehn
“I tell you, whenever you did this for one of the least of these, you did it for me.”Matthew 25:40
Thank you from the Social Ministry Committee to everyone who signed up on the registry and purchased the gift cards or donated money to purchase gift cards. Due to the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020, participants were not able to sign up for a “tag” from the Advent Giving Tree in the narthex, but signed up online via the Advent Giving Online Registry. We started with 213 available gift cards and ended with 88 gift cards taken and 125 gift cards left. Using money budgeted for the Advent Giving Registry, and monetary donations contributed to the Advent Giving Tree fund, we were able to purchase gift cards that were not taken from the registry. The gifts are given to children, teenagers, young adults, adults and families through the following organizations.
- Urban Promise (for their Christmas Promise Store)–provides Christian outreach and education programs for chil-dren and youth of Camden.
- My Father’s House–a court mandated substance abuse counseling center for male and female teenagers and adults.
- Caring Hearts Ministry–provides support for individuals with HIV/AIDS and their families.
- Pantry Families–families in our area who are regularly provided with groceries from the LCOS pantry.
You can still contribute to the Advent Giving Registry project. There are two ways to contribute.
- Mail a check made payable to “LCOS” with “ADVENT GIVING TREE” in the memo line to 204 Wayne Avenue, Haddonfield, NJ 08033.
- Make an online donation through the Simply Giving app on our website http://oursaviorhaddonfield.org/simply-giving. Indicate your gift is for the ADVENT GIVING TREE in the Outreach section of the page.
Thank you for participating in God’s work of spreading hope, peace, love, and joy this Advent season for those who are less fortunate in our midst.