Sunday Church School News:
Sunday Church School is off to a great start. We have 35 kids registered and continue to grow each week! It is not too late to register your child for Sunday School, just come on Sunday morning!
This year we are changing things up for the 6th graders. Our goal for the 6th graders is to have them in worship. With that being said, this is the following schedule for the 6th graders:
- 1st Sunday
of the month – the 6th graders will sit with me in the first pew. This way they
can see how communion at the rail works.
- 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month- I will be having a special Bible Study class with them during Sunday School time in room 112. They will be dismissed during the children’s message. Then they will return to worship during the serving of the peace, so they can take communion. They will stay in worship until the end of worship.
- 3rd & 5th Sunday of the month – They will be sitting in worship with either myself or the parents (whichever your family decides). I will also have one 6th grader “shadow” the acolytes. They will come at 10:15, and put on a robe. They will follow the acolytes the whole service. This way, next year they will feel more comfortable when it is their turn to acolyte.
For grades 1st through 5th grade, we will be having them join worship during the sharing of the peace. They will stay in worship until the end of worship. Your child can either stay with you or stay with their teacher, whichever your family decides. Please let myself or their teacher know what you decide.
Starting in October, the kids will start practicing their music for the Christmas Pageant on December 15th at 9:15. If you could start talking to your child about having a speaking role in the pageant this year I would appreciate it. If they are interested, please let me know! We will be hosting a Potluck Brunch after the pageant.
Oasis and Confirmation News:
Please follow Oasis on Instagram for updates and pictures of our events! LCOSOASISYOUTHGROUP.
October 6th we will be holding our first monthly dinner for Confirmation and Oasis youth. Please arrive at church by 6:00, let Jaime know if you are attending and if you have any allergies by October 3rd.
October 13th, we will be going on our annual Corn Maze adventure at Springdale Farms. If your child is in 7th to 12th grade and is interested in going, please let Jaime know. We will be leaving church around 12:30. The cost is $12.00 a person. If any parents are able to drive, please let Jaime know.
October 20th the Confirmation class and Oasis will be participating in Worship and Walk. We will be attending wor- ship during 8:00 service and then heading to Cooper River for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. This walk has no registration fee. This has been a walk that my family has been doing for about 12 years. It is a serve event for the Confirmation Class, and a great event for families to attend together! If parents are able to drive, please let me know! If you want to sign up or order a team shirt, please let Jaime know.
The weekend of October 25 to October 27th is Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack at the National Guard Armory in Cherry Hill. There is no registration fee to join this great event! Oasis will be picking a time to go as a group, if you would like to join us, please let Jaime know.
Meetings are from 6:30 to 8:00pm in the Youth Room
- October 6th- Dinner and Bible Study
- October 13th- Corn Maze at Springdale Farms at 12:30
- October 20th- 8:00 am Worship and Walk
- October 25-27th- Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack