“Across America congregations are finding their ministries entering uncharted territory. Many are doing good work and experiencing vibrant ministry. People who participate in these places are excited and spiritually renewed. Yet they still aren’t sure how to invite new people in to be a part of it.”– Dave Daubert
Are you one of those people who struggle with how to invite people to worship or a ministry or service event that you find meaningful? During Lent we will read and discuss the chapters of Rev. Dave Daubert’s book The Invitational Christian and discover how we can become a more invitational congregation.
Held every Wednesday in Lent from March 13 to April 10 participants are invited to gather for a soup dinner at 6:00followed by discussion of that week’s reading from 6:30-7:30. Copies of the book are available for $10 each and can be purchased through the Church Office after Feb 24. The weeks and chapters we will discuss on Wednesdays in Lent are as follows:
- March 13 Ch. 1: A Changing World and Ch. 2: Why Should Anyone Come
- March 20 Ch. 3: Quality Matters, and Ch. 4: Knowing Our Story
- March 27 Ch. 5: Address Their Fears
- April 3 Ch. 6: Give Them Tools
- April 10 Ch. 7: The Importance of With, and Ch. 8: Following Up