Top Ten Reasons to Join a Choir at LCOS
- Allows for a type of expression of praise to the Lord that could not be accomplished in any other way.
- “Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.” – Martin Luther
- Improves memory, focus, and concentration.
- “Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.” – Martin Luther
- Participate in something that is much bigger than yourself.
- Alleviate anxiety and stress.
- Choir robes hide those coffee stains from coffee hour!
- Make new friends and grow closer to long-time friends.
- Help lead worship.
- Adults: Back-rubs every Thursday and Sunday!
Festival Choir on Rally Sunday!
All adults (college age and older) are invited to sing on Sept. 10 at 10:30 AM. Warmups will be at 9:30 AM in the Choir Room. For more information, contact Austen Wilson.
Fall Choir Schedule
Vocal and handbell choirs to resume in September! No prior experience necessary. All are welcome!
Adult Bell and Vocal Choirs start on Thurs. Sept. 7. We are always looking for new members for Bells (7:00 – 8:00 PM) and Vocal (8:00 – 9:30 PM).
Youth Choirs resume Sun. Sept. 10
- Youth Vocal (gr. 6 – 12, 11:40 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Youth Bells (12:30 – 1:00 PM)
All other choirs resume Sun. Sept. 17:
- Children’s Vocal/Bells (gr. 2 – 6, 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM)
- Cherub Choir (age 3 – gr. 2, 11:50 AM – 12:20 PM)
For more information regarding Adult, Children’s, and Youth Choirs, contact Austen Wilson.
For more information regarding Cherub Choir, contact Pauline Worusski.
Hymn Festival on October 22 – Singers Needed!
On October 22 at the 8:00 am and 10:30 am services, we will have a special Hymn Festival to commemorate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation and the 90th Anniversary of LCOS. The theme will be centered around thankfulness, as inspired by the hymn Now Thank We All Our God. It will also explore the Reformation as an ongoing process, rather than just a one time
The Festival Choir for this hymn festival will rehearse on October 14 from 9 – 10 am and will sing on October 22 during the 10:30 am service. For more information, contact Austen Wilson at email@example.com.