Combined Worship at 9:30 Followed by Brunch and Annual Meeting
On Sunday, January 26 Our Savior will hold one worship service at 9:30 so members from the regular three worship times can worship together as one congregation. Immediately following worship the congregation will move to the Parish Hall for a sumptuous brunch prior to the Annual Meeting that will follow. Turkey and ham will be served. Please bring a side to share; breakfast casseroles, bagels & cream cheese, fruit, stuffing, sweet potatoes, veggies, mac & cheese are just a few suggestions. There will be separate activities for children on the 3rd Floor while parents participate in the Annual Meeting scheduled to end by noon.
Why one service prior to the Annual Meeting?
- It creates the opportunity for the congregation to truly worship as a unified body of Christ rather than a segmented one.
- It provides members who regularly attend one service the opportunity to meet and enjoy fellowship with regular members of the other worship services.
- Members with children in Sunday afternoon activities can participate in the Annual Meeting.
The Council realizes this may be an inconvenience for some, especially those who will need to get children up and ready for worship and Sunday school 60 minutes earlier than usual. We also believe the benefit will greatly outweigh the cost. It is their sincere hope as many of the congregation will mark their calendars to attend this year’s Unity Fellowship Sunday Worship and Annual Meeting on January 26 with worship at 9:30 and brunch following immediately afterward.
At the Annual Meeting the main topics of discussion will include:
- Use of a $25,000 gift toward children, youth, and young adult ministry and how it might best foster and enhance our ministry to and with that segment of our congregation and community around us.
- Also, three Congregation Council members and two members of the Memorial Gifts Board will need to be elected by a quorum of the congregation to serve three and four year terms respectively. Laurie Eason (Secretary), Glen Martin (Property), and Gary Visconti (Christian Education) will all be going off council. We offer our most heartfelt thanks to Mike Fallon (Chair) and Bob Mirabello who will both be completing their second four-year term on the Memorial Gift Board.
- Finally, the 2020 Financial Plan for Ministry will be voted on. The final Financial Plan will not be fully prepared until after the January Council meeting, and the Congregation Resources ministry team is confident the 2019 Ministry Fall Campaign commitments along with estimated giving from non-pledging members will meet the challenge for supporting our current and future ministry in 2020.