Coffee Hour is held on Sundays from 8:50 to 9:30 a.m. in the Narthex. Coffee Hour is a time for Our Savior members, new and old, and visitors to chat and be welcomed. It is an important part of how we build community and embrace all. Please note that Coffee Hour is not held during the months of July and August.
If LCOS Members would like to bring in fruit, cheese & crackers, or anything homemade, please notify the Parish Administrator.
Click here for instructions if you are responsible for a Coffee Hour
Coffee Hour Instructions
- CUPS & PLATES, etc: The coffee table is always set up in the Narthex with reusable cups and glasses, stirrers, creamers, sugar/sweetener, tea (regular and herbal). The food table is always set up with reusable plates forks, and paper napkins. There is a cart for the dirty dishes by the coffee table. Extra supplies are in the cabinet in the library.
- FOOD: The food is found in the kitchen labeled Coffee Hour.
- COFFEE & TEA: Regular and decaf coffee are under the sink in the mini kitchen in the library. If you do not know how to make the coffee, please see the Parish Administrator. Make sure the tea kettle has fresh water; plug it in by 8:30 a.m.
CLEAN-UP at 9:30 a.m. or after the 9:30 Service.
- Empty and rinse coffee carafes in the sink in the mini kitchen in the library; leave them in the sink to drain.
- Wipe down the tables with anti-bacterial wipes kept by the coffee table.
- Take dishes on the cart down to the kitchen via elevator. Rinse the dishes so there are no food particles, and place in the dish racks.
- DISHWASHER: The directions regarding how to run the dishwasher are taped to the front of the dishwasher. NOTE: The dishwasher is not a standard dish washer, it is basically a sanitizer. Follow the directions on the dishwasher. It takes approximately 5 minutes to run the dishwasher, and it is recommended to run each load twice, but you only need to add detergent once.
- Leave the dishes in the racks on the counter beside the dishwasher to dry. The Parish Administrator will put them back upstairs.
- Turn Off the dishwasher before you leave, and make sure you pull out the standpipe so the dishwasher drains.